THC-O (tetrahydrocannabinol-O-acetate or THC-O-acetate) is a newer cannabinoid for hemp enthusiasts to explore, and it’s best known for having the potential to offer 3x as powerful of a high as delta 9 THC.
Considering that, many people wonder whether or not THC-O products are a good option for anxiety, as many other cannabinoids that are less potent are associated with calming effects.
What is THC-O Acetate?
Although THC-O-acetate is a cannabinoid that’s pretty new to most peoples’ awareness, it actually dates back to the mid-20th Century, when it was developed by the United States military. THC-O does not naturally occur in the hemp plant. Instead, it’s produced by blending the raw, acidic predecessor of THC (THCA) with acetic anhydride, which yields a brand new chemical compound with distinctive characteristics.
Most notably, since THC-O-acetate and THC-O products are about 3x as psychoactive as delta 9 THC, that high it provides is simply powerful. In fact, at higher doses, people report psychedelic effects. For the time being, we don’t know much else about its properties, since they have never really been considered for clinical use until recently.
Because it is a cannabinoid, it likely has properties in common with others, as it works with the endocannabinoid system to regulate individual bodily processes like all cannabinoids do.
Can THC-O Acetate Help with Anxiety?
Like we said, there’s a lot we don’t know about THC-O-acetate outside of the fact that it’s a potent psychoactive. But, at this stage, we know enough about the cannabinoid to draw some pretty fair conclusions, and we also hear a lot of reports from people who have experimented with the cannabinoid extensively. For one thing, the high associated with THC-O is often described as calming, which obviously provides value to those in the midst of anxiety.
Beyond that, what we know about THC cannabinoids in general gives us a decent idea that THC-O-acetate may possess soothing properties, and it’s very closely related to delta 9 THC, a cannabinoid that is known to act as a potential anxiolytic.
In fact, many cannabinoids have been noted for their potential calming effects on both body and mind, as this seems to be a trait that’s inherent within cannabis in general. Therefore, there’s little reason to doubt that THC-O could yield the same effects, perhaps in an even more potent way based on its uniquely powerful nature.
One thing to note is that THC-O-acetate is very intoxicating, and those who have a low tolerance to these effects may experience anxiety if they take a higher dose than their tolerance allows.
What Should You Know About Taking THC-O for Anxiety?
THC-O-acetate may be helpful when you’re looking for a natural way to feel more at ease. But, not all THC-O products are created equally, so you’ll want to be very selective when choosing a product. Here’s what to look for.
#1: Lab Reports and Brand Reputation Matter
It’s very important that you choose a THC-O product that contains lab-tested extract, with the lab reports being easy to find on the company’s website. Without third-party testing, you have no way to know whether or not the THC-O is pure, or even legitimate. Furthermore, only choose from a brand that has a strong reputation for selling top-quality THC-O vapes and other products.
#2: Select an Indica Strain
Many people find that indica and indica-dominant strains are the best for anxiety, since they contain higher levels of the terpene myrcene which can put body and mind at ease. If you can, opt for a THC-O product that comes in an indica or indica-leaning option.
#3: Pay Attention to the Strength
If you’ll be taking a THC-O edible or tincture, pay attention to the milligram strength, which determines the potency of the product. We recommend somewhere between 20-35mg for effects strong enough to increase the likelihood of success.
Best THC-O Products for Anxiety at Binoid
As you can see, THC-O-acetate is something of a gamechanger as far as the hemp market is concerned, since its psychoactive properties are far more potent than what many of us thought possible. Through its uniquely powerful high and overall relationship to the body’s endocannabinoid system, it’s safe to guess that many people may find that this cannabinoid is particularly useful when we feel anxious or stressed.
If you want to see what THC-O-acetate can do for your anxiety, head on over to Binoid and find clean, lab-tested THC-O products in all kinds of soothing strain options like the ones below.
- THC-O Tincture: Binoid’s THC-O tincture is capable of offering effects within 30 minutes that can last for several hours, making it a good choice for many dealing with anxiety. The ultra-clean formula contains only pure THC-O and MCT oil, with a number of milligram strengths to choose from.
- THC-O Gummies: Binod THC-O Gummies can deliver a high that lasts for up to 8 hours, making it a really convenient choice for those who need long-lasting effects to get through the day. Made with only clean, carefully sourced ingredients, the gummy formula we’ve created comes in an exciting array of flavors, with 25 milligrams total per gummy.
- THC-O Rechargeable Disposable Vape in Blue Zkittlez: This THC-O Rechargeable Disposable Vape in Blue Zkittlez is particularly popular among those who want to feel more at peace when they vape. An indica strain known for its uniquely strong effects that can make a person feel balanced and at ease, those effects are both fast-acting and long-lasting. Contains pure hemp, with zero added ingredients for a clean vaping experience.
- THC-O Vape Cartridge in Blue Zkittlez: This THC-O Vape Cartridge in Blue Zkittlez is particularly popular among those who want to feel more at peace when they vape. This indica strain is known for its uniquely strong effects that can make a person feel balanced and at ease, and the effects are both fast-acting and long-lasting. This cartridge contains 100% pure hemp, with zero added ingredients for a clean vaping experience.
- THC-O Wax Dab in Banana Kush: Our dabs are concentrates that are best for experienced users due to their extremely high potency levels as they contain Premium 92% THC-O. This strain tends to offer a mellow buzz alongside a relaxed sense of blissfulness. An awesome choice as well when dealing with stress or depression.
Best THCO Product Types for Anxiety?
THC-O comes in a variety of delivery methods, and some may be more suitable for memory-related issues than others.
While all of these different THC-O products are useful, we believe that THC-O capsules and THC-O gummies are the best choice because they promote effects that can last for up to 8 hours at a time, which may be helpful for those who are affected by poor memory throughout the day. Because THCo vape carts and THCo dabs offer comparably short-lived effects, they are at the bottom of the list. And are not suggested for those with affected memory.
THC-O for Anxiety Dosage Chart and Guide
#1: Minor Anxiety THC-O Dosing (Low Tolerance): 5-10mg per use
#2: Intermediate Anxiety THC-O Dosing (Medium Tolerance): 10-20mg per use
#3: Severe Anxiety THC-O Dosing (High Tolerance): 20-40mg+ per use
While it’s yet to be determined officially whether or not THC-O can play an active role in treating memory loss, you can take it in various forms in order to see whether or not it can provide the level of results you’re looking for. However, these are the THC-O dosages for anxiety that we suggest. We recommend that beginners start with the low dose as referenced above, as it can take time to build up a tolerance to its psychoactive effects and benefits.
It’s important to go with a high-quality THC-O for anxiety, like any of the products available at Binoid, to minimize the potential for unwanted THC-O side effects like fatigue, dizziness, or headache.
Binoid: The Best THC-O Brand For Anxiety
Overall, Binoid is one of the best THC-O brands for anxiety and sleep with a multitude of products for you to enjoy and love. They have something for everyone, with THCO vape cartridges, THCO gummies, THCO tinctures, THCO Capsules and more.