California has rightfully earned a reputation for being a particularly cannabis-friendly state, having legalized recreational marijuana years ago. But the cannabis industry has evolved a lot since then, with new products constantly entering the market. One such product type is delta 8 THC, which is not actually a product at all, but a hemp-derived compound that is formulated in various ways.
Delta 8 is a minor cannabinoid in hemp that has been isolated and concentrated, providing us with its unique effects that are mildly psychoactive, while working with cannabinoid receptors in the body’s nervous system. Since delta 8 is so new to the market, the main question is, where can you buy Delta 8 THC products in California? Is it available in every city across California?
On top of that, Californians are wondering whether or not the compound is even legal where they live, let alone where they can buy quality delta 8 goods. Well, today we’re here to help you figure all of that out.
Is Delta 8 THC Legal in California?
First, let’s get the legality factor out of the way. In 2018, the hemp plant was decriminalized under federal law thanks to the Farm Bill, which was passed to allow hemp and all of its derivatives to be sold and purchased legally. The federal law clearly says that all hemp products are legal as long as they contain a maximum of 0.3% delta 9 THC, the highly psychoactive compound that’s prominent in the marijuana plant.
Since this piece of legislation was passed, states have had the ability to write their own hemp laws, and some states (11) have banned delta 8 specifically. However, in California, delta 8 THC is fully legal. This state has legalized marijuana, so it’s not surprising that they would support a cannabinoid with milder psychoactive activity than delta 9 THC.
This means that Delta 8 and Delta 8 THC products such as vape cartridges, disposable vapes, gummies, tinctures, wax dabs, and capsules all remains fully legal throughout California, although it is wise to check up on the laws periodically as that can always change. Delta 8 is so new, that most states have not had the chance to give statements on the compound. But it is likely here to stay, since it is a compound as legal as CBD. You see our complete state by state Delta 8 THC legal list here.
Where to Buy Delta 8 THC in California?
Online CBD & Delta 8 THC Stores
Frankly, the best place to buy Delta 8 THC in California is online Delta 8 THC and CBD stores. Online stores like Binoid CBD carry the best Delta 8 THC brands, and usually offer the widest selections of high quality delta-8 products, which all come from trusted companies and arrive with lab reports. For example, all of our Delta 8 THC vape cartridges and other products have recent lab results right on the product page.
Because Delta 8 THC is legal in California, you can buy Delta 8 vape cartridges, gummies, tinctures and more right online! You don’t need to leave the house in order to buy what you are looking for. We ship directly to your doorstep using discreet packaging.
In fact, we ship Delta 8 THC products to many cities in California including Los Angeles, San Jose, San Francisco, San Diego, Fresno, Sacramento, Fremont, Long Beach, Oakland, Bakersfield, Anaheim, Santa Ana, Riverside, Stockton, Irvine, Chula Vista, Fremont and more daily! Many people buy delta 8 products on our online Delta 8 and CBD store, and for good reason. The prices are the best online, shipping is quick and easy, and we give great discounts on our delta 8 THC product lines.
You also know you are getting the best Delta 8 brands, and not just the brands that offer the cheapest prices to the seller. The best Delta 8 THC brands such as Binoid, Koi, Delta Effex, 3Chi, Hempire Direct, Urb and CBD Pharm can be purchased online in California. You also know the products are fresh because of how quickly we turn over our inventory. You won't be stuck with old outdated products.
Where Not to Buy Delta 8 in California
Convenience Stores and Gas Stations
We know that these locations are convenient, but it is unlikely that they’re selling high-quality delta 8. The bottom line is that these types of stores are not screening for quality and are unlikely to care about lab reports. They are looking to sell hemp goods cheaply and quickly, and don’t have the level of expertise needed to spot a fake delta 8 product.
You should definitely avoid buying delta 8 from an unlicensed business. Companies that sell hemp goods must be registered with the state, and so companies that are not registered should be avoided at all costs. Don’t buy delta 8 from strangers online, in social media outlets or on Craigslist since they don't provide lab reports.
Types of Delta 8 THC Products In California
Here are the most popular types of delta 8 products that Californians can find on the market. Keep in mind that each of these products contains a concentrated extract made with the delta 8 THC cannabinoid derived from the hemp plant.
- Delta 8 THC Vape Cartridges: Delta 8 THC vape cartridges are 1 gram cartridges that are pre-filled with delta-8 distillate and cannabis terpenes. They come in three strain types, Indica, Sativa and Hybrid. Delta 8 vape carts attach to a standard 510-threaded vape pen devices, making them easy to use. The cartridges come in various sizes, strains, and milligram strengths, with 1000mg of Delta 8 being the normal amount.
- Delta 8 THC Disposable Vape Pens: Disposable vape pens are an alternative to vape cartridges, being the more beginner-friendly option as they require zero maintenance. They consist of a pre-charged battery and pre-filled cartridge attached, with the battery power lasting for as long as it takes to get through the e-liquid in the cartridge. Delta8 disposables come in two versions, 500mg gram disposables, and 1000mg delta 8 rechargeable disposables.
- Delta 8 THC Tinctures: Delta 8 tinctures are administered beneath the tongue, so that they absorb through the sublingual tissue. You can find tinctures in various milligram strengths, and you can even find tasty flavor options. Delta 8 THC Tinctures range from 500mg to 5000mg in strength, and are the best bang for buck out there.
- Delta 8 THC Gummies & Edibles: Edibles, including delta 8 gummies, offer very long-lasting effects compared to other methods. You can choose from all kinds of flavors as well as milligram strengths based on your preferences. Delta 8 gummies range from 10mg to 50mg strength in each individual gummy. However, be aware because Delta 8 gummies take 1-2 hours to kick in. Therefore give it time before you decide to take more.
- Delta 8 THC Capsules: Delta 8 capsules deliver long-lasting effects and contain minimal ingredients. They come in a fairly wide array of milligram strength options, with 10mg and 25mg being the usual dose of Delta 8 per capsule. Capsules are simple, but they are consistent and easy dosing.
- Delta 8 THC Wax Dabs: Delta 8 dabs are concentrates, such as wax, shatter and so on. They are very potent due to being concentrated and must be used with a dabbing device. We recommend only experienced users with Wax dabs, as they do hit hard. They have 1000mg of Delta 8 in each concentrated dab.
- Delta 8 THC Flower: Delta 8 flower is CBD flower that has been enhanced with a delta 8 extract. You can find flower in all kinds of strains and choose between loose buds and pre-rolls. Delta 8 Hemp Flower is growing in popularity, with effects very similar to relaxing Marijuana.
- Delta 8 THC Topicals: Delta 8 topicals absorb through the skin to produce localized effects to the muscles and joints and are also non-psychoactive.
Where Can I Find the Best Delta-8 THC in California?
Now that you know what kinds of delta 8 products you can enjoy as a Cali resident, let’s talk about where to buy them. You can buy delta-8 either in-person or online in this state, but we believe that buying it online is your best option and here are some key reasons why.
More Delta 8 THC Selection
Delta 8 THC comes in a huge array of formulas, delivery methods, strengths, etc. If you want to enjoy a massive selection of products to choose from, then you’ll want to go with online shopping. With online retail, you can choose from basically any delta 8 product in production.
Better Delta 8 Prices
In most cases, delta 8 THC that is sold online is priced more affordably. This mainly has to do with the fact that online companies don’t have to cover the high overhead costs that come with operating a physical business location.
Higher Standards of Delta 8 Brands
In most cases, delta 8 THC sold online is produced with higher manufacturing standards, resulting in higher-quality products. The online delta 8 market is highly competitive, which is why online retailers are more pressured to offer only the highest-quality products possible.
Better Delta 8 THC Discounts and Special Offers
Another bonus of shopping online is that you’ll have access to great discounts and special offers throughout the year. Online retailers try to stay competitive by offering promotions, which you can take advantage of and save a good amount of money.
Shopping for delta 8 online usually results in getting fresher product. Basically, online delta 8 companies have higher customer volumes, and so the turnover rate for products is much faster. Therefore, you can end up with a product that was made very recently, meaning it’s more potent and fresh-tasting.
Bulk and Bundle Buying Delta 8 Options
A few online companies such as Binoid CBD offer bulk-buying Delta 8 products, allowing you to buy high volumes of product at a discounted price. You can now save money while buying Delta-8 vape cartridges, gummies, capsules, tinctures, wax dabs and more online. There are only a few companies that have the volume of Binoid Delta 8. That is why they can give bundles such as buy 6 vape cartridges at an already discounted price and get the 7th.
You cannot deny that shopping online is very convenient. You can stay home while grabbing your favorite delta 8 goods from a trusted retailer.
Why In-Person Options May Not Be Ideal
As a California resident, you’re more likely to find delta 8 in person than you would in other states due to the booming cannabis market. But, you may still want to consider going with online options instead. Besides the fact that it can save you a nice amount of money, online companies still tend to produce higher-quality products. And, products sold in stores may have been sitting on shelves for a while due to low local demand.
Get the Most Out of Delta 8 THC in the Golden State Today!
Delta 8 THC is legal throughout the state of California and is more widely available than ever before. If you’re a resident of the golden state who wishes to get your hands on top-quality yet affordable delta 8 goods, check out the world of online retail to find exactly what you’re looking for in order to enjoy this hemp compound on your terms.