THC-O-acetate (THC-O), is one of the newer cannabinoids to hit the hemp market, but it’s already proving to be an enormously popular choice for those looking for a more potent type of psychoactive experience. At Binoid, we were one of the first brands to launch THC-O products, and today our inventory has something for everyone.
While customers ask us all kinds of questions about this new and unfamiliar hemp derivative, one question that doesn’t get asked about enough is its shelf life. Knowing the shelf life of THC-O can help you avoid having expired THC-O on your hands that can take away from your ability to enjoy what the cannabinoid is all about.
THC-O: A Potent, Extremely Unique Cannabinoid
THC-O-acetate is a cannabinoid that really stands out from the others offered at Binoid. For one thing, it’s the only cannabinoid that was invented by the US Military, specifically to act as an extremely potent psychoactive.
It’s about 3x as intoxicating as delta 9 THC, which means that its effects are very powerful, and even psychedelic in high doses. THC-O does not naturally occur in the hemp plant but is rather a synthesized form of THCA, the raw, acidic precursor to THC. THCA is blended with acetic anhydride, and THC-O is the result.
How Long Does THC-O Stay Fresh?
Right now, we do not have any studies on the shelf life of THC-O. While most cannabinoid extracts have a shelf life of about 2 years, the unique way in which THC-O is made could potentially give it a different chemical stability level in its purified form. As of now, we will guess that THC-O extracts do have a shelf life of about 2 years since they are chemically similar enough to cannabidiol extracts which do last for up to 24 months before degrading.
However, the fresher the THC-O the stronger it is, this just means you have to take a lower THC-O acetate dosage with new products. This means you need to take less for the same effects, saving you money and keeping the bottle ready to go.
Why Different THCO Products Have Different Expiration Dates
THC-O extract may have a shelf life of about 2 years, but that doesn’t mean that all THC-O products are good to use for that long. Each product may have its own unique shelf life due to the other ingredients which each have their own shelf life, along with how the product is made.
- THC-O Vape Cartridges: THC-O vape carts like the vape cartridges at Binoid typically contain 100% pure hemp extracts, with no added ingredients. This gives them a probable shelf life of 2 years.
- THC-O Disposable Vapes: Disposables contain the exact same type of vape oil formulas as what’s found in vape cartridges, meaning that the shelf life would be the same.
- THC-O Flower: Flower is less stable than extracts as the plant material is more vulnerable to degrading. THC-O flower likely lasts for about 6 months before it’s no longer fresh.
- THC-O Wax Dabs: Like flower, dabs are not as chemically stable as pure extractions, and this means that most dabs probably last for about 6 months.
- THC-O Gummies & Edibles: The shelf life of a THC-O edible depends largely on its ingredients. For example, naturally derived flavoring ingredients tend to last for a shorter period of time than artificial flavoring. Most edibles can last for 3 to 6 months.
- THC-O Capsules: Because most capsules consist solely of pure THC-O-acetate extract and MCT oil, a 2-year shelf life is standard.
- THC-O Tinctures: Just like capsules, tinctures usually contain just THC-O-acetate extract and MCT oil, therefore having a shelf life of about 2 years.
Storing THC-O Acetate to Extend its Shelf Life
THC-O may last for up to 2 years, but only if you store it properly. How you store your THC-O while it’s in your possession can dramatically affect its shelf life. That is why it is always best to order THC-O Acetate from top online stores such as Binoid THC-O.
Overall, hemp products need to be kept away from humidity, light and heat, since all 3 of these environmental factors can cause the cannabinoids in the plant to break down quickly. A cabinet, drawer or closet is ideal, away from bathrooms, kitchens and other places that are prone to heat and humidity fluctuations.
- Don’t store your thco in a bathroom, where humidity fluctuates constantly.
- Store THC-O In An Airtight Jar or Container
- Keep your THCO products in a cabinet, drawer or closet that remains dry, cool and dark.
- Keep THC-0 THC Away From Light
- Ensure Your Delta-O Packaging Helps Extend Shelf Life
THC-O Shelf Life:
- THC-O Distillate Shelf Life: 6 Months Stable
- THC-O Vape Cartridges Shelf Life: 1.5 Years Stable
- THC-O Tinctures Shelf Life: 2 Years Stable
- THC-O Gummies Shelf Life: 1.5 Years Stable
- THC-O Capsules Shelf Life: 2 Year Stable
- THC-O Syringe Shelf Life: 9 Months
Consuming Expired THC-O Acetate
One thing that is good to know is that expired thco is not considered harmful. One the cannabinoid begins to degrade, it doesn’t take on toxic properties, but it does lose its potency until it no longer offers effects of any kind to the user. Therefore, consuming expired THC-O is a worthless task.
How To Travel with THC-O
We can do everything possible to store our THC-O products properly while at home, where we have total control over the conditions to which it is exposed. But what about when we’re traveling? Here is how to keep your delta 8 safe when you are away from home.
Storing THC-O Acetate Properly in Route
If you’re traveling via plane, keep your THC-O products in your carry-on luggage if possible. If you keep it in your checked luggage, it can be exposed to high heat levels that can be disruptive to the health of the compounds.
Storing THCO Properly at Someone’s Home
If you’re staying overnight at someone’s home, you can kindly ask them if you can keep your THC-O product in one of their closets, drawers or cabinets. If you wish to keep your THCO acetate routine to yourself for whatever reason, you can keep it in your bag, in a corner of the room that is not exposed to bright sun.
Storing THC-O Properly in a Hotel
If you’re staying in a hotel, make sure to avoid the temptation of leaving your THCO product in the bathroom along with your toiletries, as the humidity of the shower can interfere with the compound. Instead, keep it in a drawer or closet that is away from a heating vent.
Consuming Expired THC-O Acetate
If you do happen to consume expired THC-O-acetate, you don’t need to panic. Once cannabinoids expire, they don’t become toxic or otherwise harmful to your health. Instead, they break down to the point that they are no longer effective, much like many medications. In other words, consuming THC-O is not necessarily dangerous, but it is likely a waste of your time.
This is another reason why buying from a trusted HHC brand like Binoid that rotates their supply chain and always keeps their products completely fresh is a big deal. The freshness of the product matters for potency.
How to Know You’re Getting Fresh, Non-Expired THC-O Products
Once in a while, you may end up unintentionally purchasing THC-O that is almost due to expire or may have even expired. This is going to lead to a lot of disappointment, so it’s important to know how to better ensure that you’re getting only freshly made THC-O. We suggest going with a reputable, popular online hemp retailer like Binoid CBD, as this helps you avoid running into this issue for a couple of key reasons:
Reason #1: Online brands like Binoid have to work hard to compete in such a crowded marketplace, so they’re not likely to sell anything less than fresh THC-O. Otherwise, their reputation can be destroyed by customers who are extremely dissatisfied.
Reason #2: Popular online companies have a lot of online visibility that increases their product turnover rates. Basically, this means that THC-O products in their inventory are never sitting around long enough to lose their freshness, so that you can always count on a product that has been made very recently.
The THC-O at Binoid: Extremely Fresh and Fully Potent
At Binoid, we’ve worked hard to earn the reputation that we enjoy today. One way in which we’ve kept customers satisfied is by only selling 100% fresh THC-O acetate that’s as potent as can be.
Our product turnover rate is so high that products never have an opportunity to come close to expiring while being stored in our warehouse. So, as long as you store our THC-O formulas properly, you can count on enjoying the full capability of this unique cannabinoid for a long time to come.