It seems like it wasn’t that long ago when the hemp market first introduced delta 8 THC, the first federally legal psychoactive cannabinoid available for purchase. But, in just a short period of time, the variety of cannabinoid-specific products has expanded beyond our wildest dreams, and one of the most sought-after cannabinoids of the moment is THC-O-Acetate (THC-O).
THC-O is quite unique from other hemp derivatives that you can purchase, and it’s important for people to know what it THCO products feel like when consumed so that they can have an idea ahead of time of what to expect.
What is THC-O?
THC-O-Acetate is a unique cannabinoid with a long history that has only been reexamined very recently. It does not occur naturally in the plant material but results from exposing the tetrahydrocannabinolic acid (THCA) compound in hemp to acetic anhydride, which changes its chemical structure to develop into an entirely new cannabinoid.
THC-O was invented in the 1960s by the United States Military, and although it hasn’t been studied much for its potentially valuable properties to the human body, we have a good understanding of its psychoactive activity.
Will I Feel High with THC-O?
Yes, you will feel high with THC-O-Acetate. THC-O has been found to possess at least 3 times the psychoactive activity as delta 9 THC, the psychoactive cannabinoid in marijuana. What this means is that it can get you significantly “more high” that what you may be used to. THC-O’s psychoactive properties and benefits are its main appeal and is perfect for those who use delta 8 but want to try something notably stronger.
What is THC-O’s High Actually Like?
Like we said, THC-O-Acetate produces a more potent high than delta 9 THC, and so it’s much stronger than both delta 8 THC products and delta 10 THC products, if you’d like to compare. What all this means is that if you’re going to use THC-O, you should be ready to clear your afternoon or evening as you may become quite intoxicated. Not only is it stronger than delta 9, but the high itself is distinctive. THC-O dosage might be a little lower due to it being a more potent product than other types.
Primarily, THC-O-Acetate may produce psychedelic effects at moderate to high doses, which mean that your state of consciousness. Also, many people say that the couchlock effect is strong with THC-O. Definitely DO NOT drive or operate machinery while under the influence of this cannabinoid.
What are the Other Effects of THC-O?
As of now, there are no meaningful studies demonstrating the effects of THC-O-Acetate that go beyond its psychoactive activity. We know that THC-O effectively binds to cannabinoid receptors – otherwise it wouldn’t get users high – but which exact receptors those are, we’re still not fully certain.
Basically, this means that we don’t yet know what other value this cannabinoid can offer to the body besides its ability to get a person high. We do hope that more studies are done on the cannabinoid in the near future so that we can better explore its overall effects.
What Determines How You Will Feel When Taking THC-O?
Now that we have established the general properties of THC-O-Acetate, you hopefully have a better idea of what to expect when taking it. But, there are actually a number of factors that can affect the ultimate experience you have with THC-O, based of course, on how you take it as well as how your body processes cannabinoids.
#1: Your Body’s Tolerance
Important to remember that while we can discuss the general capabilities of THC-O-Acetate, how you feel after taking it can depend largely on your unique ECS and other physiological factors, which researchers are still trying to fully understand.
We know that some individuals have naturally higher or lower tolerances to cannabinoids, and how much you’ve used certain cannabinoids in the past can also determine your tolerance to THC-O. In fact, each person may experience certain prominent effects more than others.
#2: How Much You Take
Some users have shared that the psychedelic effects don’t occur unless a particularly high dose is taken. The milligram strength of the THC-O product you purchase will play a role in how strongly you feel the effects of the cannabinoid, along with how much of a product you take in one sitting.
#3: The Delivery Method
THC-O products come in various delivery methods, just like CBD, delta 8, and the like. Each delivery method determines your experience with the cannabinoid in terms of how strongly you may feel the effects, how long the effects can last for and other factors.
- THC-O Vapes: THC-O vapes come in two primary forms: vape cartridges and disposable devices. But, they affect us in the same way since the only difference is their technology. Vaping THC-O offers effects that can be felt within just a few minutes and can last for a couple of hours at most. Any given time a cannabinoid is inhaled, we experience its effects very potently due to the high bioavailability of lung absorption.
- THC-O Flower: Smoking or vaping THC-O flower works similarly to vaping in terms of the onset time, duration of and potency of the effects that can be felt. But, bear in mind that THC-O flower is hemp flower infused with THC-O-Acetate, which means that you’re inhaling a larger cannabinoid profile than you would with most vapes, that simply combine isolated THC-O with terpenes.
- THC-O Wax Dabs: Dabbing with THC-O is not recommended for beginners, because dabs are concentrated to yield extremely high potency levels of an already highly potent cannabinoid. When you dab THC-O-Acetate wax, the effects can kick in extremely quickly as well.
- THC-O Tinctures: THC-O tinctures are oils consisting of THC-O extract and a carrier oil, which are absorbed through the sublingual tissue below the tongue. They have 1000mg or 2500mg of THC-O in each. This is quite a bioavailable method, but it won’t offer as much potency as vaping or smoking flower. The effects usually begin within 30 or so minutes after administration, lasting for about 5 or so hours.
- THC-O Capsules: THC-O capsules can offer up to 8 hours of THC-O-Acetate effects in the system. Those effects may not be felt until about an hour after consumption. What’s interesting about ingesting cannabinoids is that the cerebral effects are just a bit subdued, and the user tends to experience quite a pronounced body high sensation.
- THC-O Edibles: Edibles basically act just like capsules in terms of how long the effects last and how they are felt in the body and mind. But, edibles tend to take a bit longer to activate since there are more ingredients to be processed by the digestive tract.
#4: The Strain You Choose
The strain of a THC-O product has a lot to do with the outcome of your experience, as each strain has a unique terpene profile, and every individual terpene offers its own properties as well as a flavor and aroma. Strains come in three different categories, and within each category is an abundance of specific strains you can choose from.
- Indica: Known for being more mellowing and are perfect for chilling out. They are more popular for evening and nighttime use.
- Sativa: Have a more energizing and uplifting quality, and a lot of people prefer them during the daytime.
- Hybrid: The result of crossing an indica and a sativa together, resulting in a balance between the two types.
Overall, THC-O Could Offer that Perfect Mind and Body Feel
Clearly, THC-O offers a completely unique experience to users thanks to its potentially powerful psychoactive effects that are one of a kind. If you’re interested in seeing how THC-O feels for yourself, you can explore the many THC-O products available at Binoid.
We offer THC-O vapes, THC-O gummies, THC-O wax dabs, and more that all incorporate lab-tested THC-O-Acetate extract and clean ingredients into their formulas, while offering a variety of strains to really personalize your experience. Check out our THC-O products today and find out why this cannabinoid lives up to the hype.